- for Windows 8 / Windows 10
Preview of the Windows 10 version:
(28.12.2012) Release 1.0
(05.01.2015) Update 2.6.1 ~ improved looks // all colors merged into one skin // removed black menu
(06.05.2015) Update 2.6.2 ~ fixed cinema mode // small fixes
(16.09.2015) Update 2.7.0 ~ lots of changes // added Windows 10 version
(10.10.2015) Update 2.7.1 ~ fixing the titlebar (drag issue)
1. Extract the .vlt file to ...VideoLAN/VLC/skins ~ overwrite if needed
2. Delete previous versions of the skin
3. Start VLC => Preferences => Check to custom skin
4. Restart VLC (otherwise the fullscreen mode won't work)
The background is just a dummy and does not display your actual library - i just took the most common album arts / posters
(max. recommended resolution: 2560 x 1440)
- Please update to the newest version of vlc media player otherwise the video frame might not work properly
- If the video frame doesn't seems right, switch to fullscreen and back to windowed mode
If you can't see the control buttons because the videos are bigger than the screen resultion this should help:
- Preferences -> Interface Settings -> Look & Feel
- Switch to "Use native style"
- Uncheck "Resize interface to video size"
- Switch back to "Use custom skin"
- Save and close.
Play a video smaller than your resolution - now all movies should be the same size
Also, when using "Download Subtitles" it crashes!
I am a Security admin guy with multi monitor setup and in my free time I use the default VLC in one edge of the my screen by using the WIN + arrow keys or by dragging the title bar to the edge ( Aero Snap).
with the VLC Metro-X skin turned on, I have the title bar and all but aero snap doesn't seem to work by either of the methods(Keyboard or Mouse).
I kindly request you take a look into this.
Metro-X skin with Aero snap compatibility will be awesome.
To fix the problem mentioned in the hint section, you can do this :
It's would be cool to have the possibility to resize the windows directly by the optional tittle bar and the borders (not only by the bottom bar).
1) What can be done to let user move around the player by mouse hold on the video/dummy image part? Currently it's only available via press&hold on the bottom toolbar
2) No shortcuts to quickly launch settings (ctrl+p in classic VLC) and playlist (ctrl+l in classic VLC). Do you plan on adding that? If not, I'll work something out with AutoHotkey, although I expect it to be a bit cumbersome
1. the video frame is not draggable - neither it is in native / classic mode
2. A lot of shortcuts don't work in the skinned version of VLC - the coding was done years ago and didn't got an update since.
edit: The skin meant for win8 works really great on windows 7 too Also where am I able to change the default background of the skin?
To open the edited skin you have to open the theme.xml in VLC.
I hope you don't mind ..I took the time and (as Vajet mentioned) fixed the title bar (top bar). Now the player can be dragged via the title/top area.
Here's the fixed version thou i didn't zip it up nicely as .vlc: s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?…
PS: All the credits and thanks go to Maverick07x
I haven't seen his edited comment yet.
The "focus" tag solves all the problems i had with the titlebar.
I will update it as soon as i can.
Edit: I fixed it myself, for the two text elements in the title bar add the property focus="false". Now I am super happy with this skin. Best out there. Ty
This solves all the problems with the titlebar
Thanks so much
The start screen is in my opinion not very elegant, I think a black Screen with the VLC logo or a simple "+"-Symbol would be better. But there are some annoying issue with the Playlist.
- File organisation is not possible
- Files are added descending
I've updated the skin, adding the function to remove the cover arts - that way you have a blank black screen. Still i kept the typo because it looked better for me.
On the playlist i sadly have no influence. The only thing i can do is adding a "Sorting by Alphabet" button, but this wouldn't solve you problem
The skinned VLC works a little different to the native one.
So the only advice i can give you is trying it out on other skins.
If the problem still appears, then it's a bug of the skinned version :/
Also the "video frame" does not support draging by holding the mouse button - otherwise i would have implement it into the cinema mode.
So no, it's not possible, sorry :/
ok as simple as that it work ! Thanks a lot Mavrik
Hi Maverick07x, first of all you really did a great job, this theme is beauty!
I wanted to customize it a bit for my own personal use, by changing one of the theme color.
I try using VLC SkinEditor, but the theme seams to be damage every time I export it, the only thing I do is change the image and relink them to the new one with the exact same size. I had search since few day but I cant make it work, it’s a kind of a mystery it work with certain theme and not with other …
I gat the same problem with MinimalX.
Your themes are one of the greatest I’ve seen i would really like to make it work, if you know what I should do.
Keep on the good work!
Either you open and extract it with the Editor. Actually it should work like that.
But if not you can open the .vlt with WinRar and extract it. Then do the same procedure once again - as it's just a packing of a packing
Then you can edit all the images you want. To see the results you just have to set the main.xml as current skin.
Please add unicode feature on your theme.
Many music title from my drive just showing square font :\